Nu-Tek Precision Optical Corporation proudly produces some of the highest quality
optical systems and components in the industry.
We welcome both build-to-spec and build-to-print requests in prototype and light production quantities.
Nu-Tek routinely handles requests for
- Optical Design Services
- Optical Testing Services
- Plano Optics such as windows, wedges, and beamsplitters
- Spherical Transmissive Optics
- Flat and Spherical Mirrors
- Aspheric Mirrors to f/0.5 and faster
- Massive Optics to 60"
- Metal Optics, including Bare Aluminum and Al + Nickel
- Diamond Turned Optics, including post polishing
- Standard and Gradient Index Lens and Assemblies
- Ultra-smooth Optics for the Silicon Wafer Industry
- Custom Athermalized Telescopes and Beam Expanders
- Cutting-Edge Ceramics Manufacturing for Phased-Array Antennas
- And Much More ...
Nu-Tek Precision Optical Corporation is focused on becoming a preferred source for
Precision Optics Solutions throughout the aerospace industry and the greater scientific
Nu-Tek Precision Optical Corporation is a privately held company, and is classified as
a Small Business by the SBA. Nu-Tek was founded in 1987 by a group of nine master
opticians, supervisors, and technicians as an offshoot of a highly successful and well
respected precision optics company, originally based in Baltimore, MD.
Much of this group remains at Nu-Tek today, forming the core of an
exceptionally talented and versatile team.
Nu-Tek specializes in the design and manufacture of custom and prototype precision
optical components and systems, including on- and off-axis telescopes and laser beam
expanders for the UV, Visible and Infrared spectra, massive optics to 60",
standard and gradient index lens assemblies, deep lightweighted aspheres for space applications,
and ultra-smooth, superpolished flats and spherical optics to 1 Angstrom rms.
During the summer of 1998, Nu-Tek moved its facilities from the Bata Complex in
Belcamp, MD to the
a modern manufacturing facility in Aberdeen, MD about 30 minutes North of Baltimore.
Nu-Tek currently leases 12,000 square feet of manufacturing space in the HEAT Center.
This facility houses our entire operation, including the following divisions:
- Engineering and Design, Mechanical and Optical
- Metal Machine Shop
- Glass Machine Shop
- Ceramic and Glass Roughing Section
- Single Point Diamond Turning
- Polishing: Metal, Glass, and Ceramic
- Optical Testing
- Optical Coatings