During the summer of 1998, Nu-Tek moved its facilities from the Bata Complex in
Belcamp, MD to the
a modern manufacturing facility in Aberdeen, MD about 30 minutes North of Baltimore.
Nu-Tek currently leases 12,000 square feet of manufacturing space in the HEAT Center.
This facility houses our entire operation, including the following divisions:
- Engineering and Design, Mechanical and Optical
- Metal Machine Shop
- Glass Machine Shop
- Ceramic and Glass Roughing Section
- Single Point Diamond Turning
- Polishing: Metal, Glass, and Ceramic
- Optical Testing
- Optical Coatings
Anticipating the need for additional space to accommodate increased
assembly and light production work, an additional 3,000 to 6,000 square feet has
been reserved for Nu-Tek in an adjoining bay. As more space is needed,
we can expand to adjacent buildings.
To assist our optical and mechanical design and analysis, Nu-Tek engineers utilize a number of software tools, including:
- AutoCAD 2000
- Zemax Optical Design Software
- Nu-Optek Proprietary Optical Design/Optical Manufacturing Aid Software
- COSMOS Finite Element Analysis Package
- FELT Finite Element Analysis Package
Nu-Tek Precision Optical Corporation possesses complete metal and
optics manufacturing capabilities. Highlighting some of our
- Single-point Diamond Turning Machine, to 18" diameter
- Manual and NC Milling, Generating, and Edging Machines
- Precision CNC Saw and Surface Grinder
- Multiple Diamond-tipped Saws
- Multiple Spindle and Planetary Grinders
- Multiple Spindle and Planetary Polishers
- Strasbaugh Model 6AC for generating/grinding/polishing optics to 60"
- Multiple Lapmaster 48" Planetary Polishers for Metal Optics
- Multiple Coating Chambers, handling optics to 40"
A selection of Nu-Tek's optical test equipment includes:
- Multiple Isolated Optical Tables from 6' to 24'
- Optical Flats to 33"
- 18" Aperture Fizeau Interferometer
- 120' x 16' x 16' Test Tunnel
- Multiple LUPI Interferometers
- Multiple Phase-Shifting Interferometers
- 6" Aperture Phase-Shifting Zygo Interferometer
- Multiple Fiber-Source Foucault Test Stations
- 14" Collimated Beam Test Tunnel